Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wow, is it Friends Thanksgiving already???!!?? How the time does fly!

Yep, you all might remember last year, around this very same weekend, me and a group of friends meet up and have 'Friends Thanksgiving', it's like real Thanksgiving, only without the fighting siblings and shreiking mother.

I have the turkey in the oven (last year I barbecued the turkey, and it rocked, but it's pouring rain outside, so no 'cue for me), and have made so much stuffing I could pack 4 birds. All's left for me to handle is the gravy, as we do this thing pot luck style.

Fortunately for me, we are doing this on a Saturday this year, as last years Sunday debacle went on entirely too late, with whiskey being shot to the wee morning ours and a very bleary eyed, and mostly drunk DeviledHam staggering into work on Monday morning smelling like a turkey on a 3 week bender.

Wish me luck this year, and maybe I'll snap some photos of the festivities!!!

Happy Friends Thanksgiving to everyone!!!! And lay off the whiskey this year, or wife's gonna leave you!

3 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Back at ya buddy.

MommyLisa said...

Turkey on a three week bender?

I will be pondering that all week!

;)

Whiskeymarie said...

How'd it go?
Hope the whiskey didn't get you into any trouble...