Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I been working hard, but it looks like it's about to pay off

As some of you have noticed (the two people left who check this blog out), I have been very busy with work, and posting has been light. I have been in the center of a big push to expand our company, and as the sole IT person, or at least IT grunt, there's management still, I have taken on a great deal of extra work and responsibility. It looks like this might work in my favor though, as first, today I finished the largest part of this project, and am ready to roll out all the new machines on tuesday...a huge burden off of my workload. Secondly, my supervisor has been very pleased with my work, and the way I've handled our department being shorthanded (not freaking out, just pressing on and making it happen, like I used to do when we got in the weeds when I was a cook....you can't panic, you just have to do it). There is talk of a promotion....I am not the 'climb the corporate ladder type' mind you, but this would entail two extra weeks of vacation a year, and a cut down on the amount of six day work weeks in the winter.....and that my friends, is worth the price of admission. It's been a tough couple of months, but I'm almost through it, and it looks like I'm gonna get rewarded.

Hell, even if I don't get the promotion, I can still expect a raise, and since I'll have been there for 5 years now, that means one extra week of vacation, and that counts for something!

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Hells yeah, you go dude, we're all pulling for you.