Thursday, September 20, 2007

Now that wasn't so bad now was it?

My dentist appointment went remarkably well. It just goes to show (as my own Mom pointed out to me) that there have been many advances in dentistry since I have gone to see one. The worst part was being administered the Novocain, 6 needles on my upper gum, 6 below, on some sensitive gums. It also goes to show that the dentist I grew up with is the stereotypical sadist type, who encouraged us not to use Novocain for things like, root canals, and tooth extraction (this is not a joke, I thought it was just us kids, my brother and sisters, who were at fault, like we were all wimps or something, turns out the guy was kinda sick, so says my Mom). My dental hygienist was very gentle and was genuinely concerned for my comfort, I can't praise her enough. The second part of the procedure takes place next month, and then I will be back to normal, for the most part, in the dental department, none the worse for ware for not going in .....I think it must be at least, oh god, 15 years. Kids, don't be like me, go to the dentist.

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dude, I hate the black arts of dentistry as well. Congrats tho on your trip. I'll be going soon.